Saturday 2 January 2021

AHPC 11 - Haitian Rebel Standard

 


My duck is broken, I've managed to get my first entry into the 11th Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge before the end of the year, but its only a tiddler.
I had a spare Haitian Rebel/Slave figure, so chopped off his sword and drilled and pinned a flagpole.


As for the flag, there is a reference online saying the Slaves carried a flag of a Moor head on a white field in 1790.  https://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/ht-hist.html


I'm sure I got the flag from Stuart on Dust, Tears & Dice Blog, but I may have found it online?
Can't remember?

Oh well, should be a massive 5 points! But the Snowlord gave me an extra point, making 6 in total.

23 comments:

  1. Six points is better than five and five is better than zero. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ray-Ray, you deet a goot job on dat one, maun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool entry, Ray. Love the flag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done, and the flag looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful figure and a great flag, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great figure. I like the hat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to get creative! Take those six points, man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Off to a flying start in the new year then...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honestly I can't remember where I got it from, but it definitely ties in with the style described for the rebellion.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've searched for it online several times but can't find it? Think I'm going round the bend?

      Delete
  10. Ray,
    Nicely done conversion.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work Ray and at least you are up and running in the AHPC11!

    ReplyDelete