Tuesday 21 February 2023

AHPC 13 - 25mm Col Bill's Border family

 


Any show I attend I always try to pick up a few figures from Col Bill's Wargaming Depot  as do the rest of the Rejects. I'm not 100%, but I think I picked these up last year at one of the Partizan shows.
These are 3 figures from Col Bill's very own Border Reiver range. They are a Border family, minus the Mum!


I do like a few civilians, so thought these would be a good addition to my Donnybrook collection. 
Now I'm not gonna paint up an army, Postie already has 25mm Border Reivers, so I don't need them.


They are beautifully caste figures and almost paint themselves!

The 3 men of the family will earn me 15 points.
Mum will turn up later in the Challenge, I'm sure of it?



20 comments:

  1. Nice work Ray, I have a good few Col Bills Reiver figures in my collection but haven't got this family yet....they are on my radar though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unusual to see children (possibly less so these days) in a group of civilians but these are very useful for many genres.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is it like switching from painting 2mm to 25mm? Was it it a shock to the eyes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work on them, they look the part, surely worth more than 15 points!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know when I move to 28mm after a batch of 15's I feel like I'm painting a 40mm figure for a while. Great work on some very characterful figures Ray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence, it was like the old painting by numbers books, they were soooo easy to paint.

      Delete
  6. You amaze me shifting gears so well. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like Job says, 2mm - 28mm in one foul swoop! Good stuff sir, really like the sculpts and as always, your paintjobs bring out their best.

    ReplyDelete