Sunday 25 April 2021

AHPC11 - Haitian Revolution - British 14th Light Dragoons

 


My last unit from the Haitian Revolution for the Challenge and its back to the British regulars.


Two troops of the 14th Light Dragoons were detached and joined 8th Light Dragoons in the Low Countries in 1794 for service in the Flanders Campaign. Then seven troops were detached and deployed to the French Colony of Saint-Domingue in 1795 during the Haitian Revolution, they took part in an action at Mirebalais in June 1797 in which they helped defeat 1,200 ex-slaves who were sympathetic to new regime in France.


The figures are British Light Dragoons with Tropical helmets and of course are from Trent Miniatures.


Now I'm off to try and finish my last unit!!! Fingers crossed!



8 x 25mmmounted figures @ 10 points each

for a total of 80 points!

26 comments:

  1. Another fine looking unit of cavalry, Ray. Great to know they can be used in at least two different theaters of war too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such variety of troopers in this project, Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor slaves! Will they ever see freedom?

    ReplyDelete
  4. More lovely cavalry Ray. That's quite a collection you are amassing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crackin' looking unit Ray...see what I did there?! I do like the tropical service helmet, adds a nice bit of variety.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Splendid additions to the project Ray! Also solves my Light Dragoons in India problem! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A smart looking unit with an active service record--nothing could be better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really great looking regiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful stuff Ray, I am starting to think that I need to add the Brits to my forces.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thing is where do you stop? That's my problem, I don't!

      Delete
  10. Good looking unit and a bonus that they can be used in multiple theatres.

    ReplyDelete